- I edit the metadata fields shown in the screenshot.
- I commit the changes
- MetaImage asks if it’s okay to continue. I say yes.
- Photos asks me if it’s okay to let MetaImage delete the original file. I say yes.
- The new photo with the edited metadata appears in my Photos library
- I select the Get Info sheet in Photos
- The Title field is blank as shown in the screenshot.
NB: I imported the IPTC test image and the Title field in Photos was populated with IPTC Object Name.
What field do I use to populate the Title field in Photos, please?
You were right when using the IPTC:ObjectName for the image title. Here is a short article about Photos and tags here:
I just reproduced the problem. I’m surprised because everything works as expected when importing an image from the Finder into Photos. Photos seems to ignore the title when importing via PhotoKit. I have no effective alternative solution. I will contact Apple to ask if it is expected.
It seems PhotoKit does not support title and faces…
I decided to try the Photos Remote feature, and it is working as expected. So if I need to add/edit the Title field in Photos in MetaImage, I’ll use Photos Remote instead of the delete/replace function of the main app.