Right-click on JPG doesn't offer to open MetaImage

I used to be able to select one or more JPG images in Finder and right-click to open MetaImage using the Open With menu, but it’s not working since a version or two ago. It still appears as an option for Fujifilm and Olympus raw files, but not for JPGs. Sorry, I should have noted exactly when it stopped working, but I was lazy and just ignored it. My current version is Unlimited 2.5.6 (6267) and I’m on an M1 Macbook Pro running MacOS Ventura 13.4.1 (22F82)

Hello there,

I recently made some changes to the app to address user feedback that it was handling too many file formats by default. As a result, I only kept image formats as the default. However, this change does not explain why MetaImage disappeared from your menu.

Can you try the method one of this page? How to Remove Duplicates & Customize the “Open With” Menu in Mac OS X « Mac OS Tips :: Gadget Hacks which is to use the command below in your terminal to reload the open with menu.

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user

That worked. Thanks!