MetaImage doesn't save preset changes

I have a lot of presets, about 100 I guess, organized in several folders. MetaImage isn’t saving any changes to presets that I made today. I selected some tags and chose Presets > Save Tags As Preset (a feature I use a lot and really like) and it appeared at the end of my presets list, but didn’t save when I closed and reopened MetaImage. The same thing happened when I dragged some presets to reorder them; the new order was not saved after exiting and reopening. I suspect this is not a new bug because I was surprised today to notice that a preset I thought I’d previously created, probably about 3 weeks ago, wasn’t there. My current version is Unlimited 2.5.6 (6267) and I’m on an M1 Macbook Pro running MacOS Ventura 13.4.1 (22F82)

Hello there,

I am sorry for the delay and the issue. I was off for the week.

MetaImage and MetaVideo used UserDefaults to save the presets due to some legacy reasons (UserDefaults | Apple Developer Documentation). As far as know, it seems that there is no limit of size on Mac. However what you described makes me think that you reach a limit and the UserDefault failed to save new changes.

I will investigate the problem next week.
Thanks again for the feedback.

Best regards,
Jérémy Vizzini