MetaImage and supported video files

Hi. I’ve purchased MetaImage and see in the Help that MOV files and tags are supported. However, it will not allow me to drag/drop a MOV file into your editor. Why?

Hi Kenjo,

I just checked the list of supported files. Indeed, this list contains the MOV format, which is not supported by the app. MetaImage only supports image files and sidecar files. I apologize for the typo that has just been fixed.

Would you consider adding video files to MetaImage at some point?

The short answer is: I don’t know. I worked on the subject for MetaImage 2 and the engine supports Quicktime tags. However, I would like to integrate video metadata correctly.

Adding support doesn’t just require reading and writing metadata. I will have to modify the interface to add a bunch of menu actions to copy, paste, and edit QuickTime metadata. For example, saving GPS data should be done in QuickTime, not EXIF. All of its changes will make the interface more complex and make editing image metadata less obvious. That’s why I was thinking of making a second app called MetaVideo. But again, I can’t make up my mind. Is it necessary to synchronize the presets and the keywords between the two apps? Should we keep a similar interface or not? I do not have the solution at the moment. It would be a good idea to open a dedicated thread on this forum.

For all these reasons, I have remained focused on improving MetaImage and image metadata editing as much as possible.

1 Like

Making a separate app sounds like a smart approach. I would buy that app for sure!