Metaimage and Google Photos

Hi

I used to be able to make edits in MetaImage - quickly change the date and location - and then upload to Google Photos, which would recognise the metadata correctly (indeed, my sole purpose for using MetaImage). When I try to do the same thing in this far more confusing version of the software, Google Photos seems to pay no attention to my edits. Why would this be? Is there an easy fix? Why would this have changed between versions? It’s incredibly frustrating because, as mentioned, it’s my sole reason for using MetaImage. And now a perfect piece of software has been ‘improved’ to the point that it no longer does the one function I need it to do.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dan

On further inspection, it appears that any edits I make to the EXIF data simply aren’t being saved to the file. Again, it used to be saved in the previous version. The new version - no such luck. Is there a trick to making it save? Some kind of permissions I need to give to the software?

Thanks,

Dan

Hello Dan,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

I quickly uploaded version 2.0.6 that fixes the writing problem occurring in sandboxed environments such as the Mac App Store. Does the problem still occur with this version?

If you are already using version 2.0.6, can you send me a sample file, so that I try to reproduce the problem on my computer?

Hi Jeremy

I just checked. I have version 2.0.6 (through Setapp). The problem still occurs - it occurs with every photo I have, so I’m not sure what help a sample file would be. No modified data is ever saved back to any photo.

Dan

Hello Dan,

I find the source of the problem. I will upload an update in the next few hours. It can take a day or two to be validated by the review team.

Feel free to reply to this post if you still have issues with the patch.
Jeremy

1 Like

Fantastic. Thanks. I look forward to the update.

The update 2.0.8 is available. Let me know if issues are still occurring.

Works perfectly. Thanks so much for the quick fix.

Dan

1 Like