MetaImage 2: new features and improvements

Very sorry about that. I should have seen it. It is now enabled :wink:
Thanks.

Could be interesting, at least for me :blush: to import keywords list, a thesaurus (Rex of course), CSV format, with export function also.
Thank you

1 Like

I am looking for a way to mark or bind similar fields in IPTC and XMP (some also in EXIF) [like e.g. title, description etc.] which should stay in sync, i.e. if I change one of those marked fields in one of the groups IPTC, XMP or EXIF, then the value will be copied to the other group to which it is bound, just as many software (such as Apples photos.app) handles it. This would save me time to do it manually.

In the current version of MetaImage, the easiest solution is to create a preset that copies the EXIF date and time (for example) to other date tags.

In the next version of MetaImage, users will be able to select EXIF, IPTC, and XMP dates simultaneously.

thanks, this seems to be a good work around, but I am also looking forward to the next version.

**If there is one feature that I am looking for it is to be able to aggregate CSV or json or XMP see XML exported. **

**This would be like having a database, if they have selected our entire collection. Similarly an integration giving rise to

[details=“Summary”]
This text will be hidden a linking of our metadata to unique GUID identifiers or UUIDs will be the TOP!**

(FR) <<S’il est une fonctionnalité que, je cherche c’est bien de pouvoir agrégé les CSV ou json ou les XMP voir XML exportés.
Cela reviendrais à avoir une base de donnée, s’il ont sélectionné la totalité de notre collection.

De même une intégration donnant lieu à un rattachement de nos métadonnées à des identifiants uniques GUID voir des UUID serez le TOP!

>>

Hello MGreg,

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I am sorry for the delay in my reply. I think that’s an excellent idea. However, this is an addition that is really far from the current roadmap. I hurry to release MetaImage 2 with the suggestions already taken into account. I’m keeping the idea aside for maybe MetaImage 3 in a few years.

GPS date and time fill in by default and should not, for 2 reasons:

1. If the camera didn’t supply GPS data and I run a search, when MetaImage notes the location it then assumes the GPS date and time is when MetaImage first sees the image, basically current date/time. That behavior doesn’t make sense. It should just stay blank. I may be importing an image taken yesterday or last year instead.

2. For me at least the GPS time is 5 hours ahead of the camera’s which means more cleanup for me. I verified my camera (Canon 6D) and its date and time are accurate.

3. The lens database will probably always need tweaking, but a Canon EF 200mm ƒ/2.8 II USM is not a “Canon EF 200mm ƒ/2.8 II USM or Sigma” for example. It’s just a Canon EF 200mm ƒ/2.8 II USM

I will disable GPS date and time fill in by default.