Lens corrections?

I’m wondering if you’re looking into adding the ability to have GlueMotion do lens correction for the input images? I know that the lensfun OSS project (https://lensfun.github.io/) has pretty up-to-date specs for most lenses.

This would let me avoid having to take thousands of images into Lightroom, to perform lens corrections, before importing into GlueMotion.

Thoughts?

Hi,

I am the developer working on GlueMotion. I looked at the link you mention. Indeed, the project seems really interesting. GlueMotion does not include a lens correction tool. So this is a great idea that I will add to the TODO list. However, such an addition is a big job that is not on the priority list at the moment. For example, GlueMotion requires real documentation for beginners, and we are already planning many improvements for this year. That’s why my answer is not a no, but we don’t have to wait for this addition anytime soon.

Jeremy,
I completely understand. I just wanted to make sure that I let you know a thing that I’d like to see.

I don’t know if you’re able to share some of the features you’re planning for this year?

I’ve used LRTimelapse for a while, but the workflow is very clunky, and GlueMotion does as good a job in 99% of the cases I’ve looked at. LRTimelapse is helpful for complicated day-to-night or night-to-day situations where the light changes a lot (like with a lot of clouds) in addition to the day-to-night changes.

This year we have many improvements not affecting the application, such as a new website and a documentation. We will also improve the interface, the preview system and prepare the engine of the application for more advanced editions that we will add much later.

1 Like

Hello, when is the lens correction coming? This would be a great feature with RAW images.

Right now, I’m in the process of integrating SwiftUI into all of our apps. Regrettably, the task of implementing lens correction remains on the pending list.

1 Like