How to transfer a selection of meta data from a low resolution jpg file to a high resolution tif file?

Good morning all,

I scan the images of a complete 35mm film (frame number 1 to 36) in low resolution (jpg) with a flatbed scanner and store them in a specific jpg folder. There, all the images are tagged using MetaImage.

Only a selection of images from this film (e.g. image numbers 5, 10, 20 and 32) will be scanned in high resolution (tif) with a film scanner at a later date and placed in a specific tif folder.

How can I transfer only a selection of tags (whether EXIF, XMP or IPTC) for the example images 5, 10, 20 and 32 from the jpg folder to the identical image numbers in the tif folder?

I have tested it with the function Sidecar / Export Tags (from the jpg data) and Sidecar / Import Tags (to the tif data) file by file. This works perfect. However, I have not found a way to limit the selection of tags to be transferred. I don’t want to transfer all tags from the jpg files to the tif files.

Thanks. Greetings Hermann

I have found the solution:
The tag selection is only made when the tags are imported. This is done by
Sidecar / Import Tags / Exclude Tags …
Select the csv file to be imported. The following dialogue opens
Select tags to be excluded.
These are displayed in the list
Selected tags
MetaImage remembers this list for further imports.
However, it would be a nice feature to be able to save this excluding list in order to manage multiple exclusing lists.

1 Like

Thanks for the contribution !!