Help with Editing EXIF data

I just purchased your software and have been trying for the last 3 hours to permanently edit some of the EXIF data on my images. Unfortunately, I’ve not been successful. Despite making the changes and pressing the “processing” link and then the “validate changes” and/or also “overwrite all edited files”, the changes I’ve made do not show up on the images when I look at them on my mac’s “Get Info” button. I’ve tried to find a tutorial or help on your web site and the software to no avail. I need some guidance please. Thanks

Hi iamdam,

I received your four messages in the last 3 hours. I respond to you by e-mail. I will sum up the response I made here.

The description field in the macOS information panel seems to correspond to the IPTC:Caption-Abstract tag. Here are the steps:

• Step 1: Open the image and edit the field IPTC:Caption-Abstract. The edited fields are in orange. If you click on Validate Changes, the app ensures all changes have been identified.
  • Step 2: Click on Overwrite selected files. It will save the changes of the selected files by overwriting them.
  • Step 3: No orange, all changes have been applied to images. You can now check the information panel.

I hope it helps.

1 Like

Disregard. I replied to the wrong post.