Edit metadata to Photos app

Hi,

I’m trying to edit the location data of pictures from the Photo app, but cannot find a way to do it.

I tried first to export them to MetaImage from the photo app (edit with), change the location in the MetaImage, save, and then “Actions”>“Export to Photos.app”, but the image in the photo app is not updated (I tried to close/reopened, did not work as well)

I also tried to use the MetaImage remote control, I opened photo.app, selected the images I wanted to edit the location of, switched to the remote control, selected the correct location in the remote control, and press the button “Apply Changes”, but again the location is not set in the photo.app

Am I doing anything incorrectly?
(NB: I enabled the full disk access in the macos privacy settings. My photolibrary folder is on an external HD)

Thanks in advance for the support

Hi,

The Automation may be disabled due to some security reasons. Can you check in the preferences?

Have a nice day,
Jérémy Vizzini

Thanks, that did the trick, it’s now working as expected :smile:

1 Like

Hi there,

I have this problem but Metalmage does not appear in the automation window.

Please can you advise?

I’m using the Mac Store edition.

Kind Regards

I think I may find another trick to trigger the system.

In MetaImage, you can open the Remote Control of Photos via the main menu Window / Photos Remote. Then, create a configuration, change one property (such as the filename) and click to apply changes. The system will trigger and ask you for authorization.

Let me know if it is working.

When I do that, I am given this message.
But MetaImage does not appear in the preferences pane for automation.

Screenshot 2022-09-03 at 00.38.53

I am making some changes to force the system to request the authorisation. I hope it will fix the Export to Photos action in the next update.

Ok. That’s good to know.