Addresses with more than 3 digits are unpredictable

When entering addresses into the geolocation feature, if the street number is larger than three digits, the results are unpredictable.

For example, in these screenshots you can see that the address “242 s wood, chicago” correctly shows 242 South Wood Street in Chicago, Illinois.

But making that street number 2542 locates it in Saudi Arabia.

I assume that MetaImage is using some kind of Apple Maps API, but Apple Maps, itself, doesn’t demonstrate the same behavior, so I’m not sure what is causing it.

Sorry - I wanted to upload both pictures, but this forum system does not permit that, so I just uploaded the Saudi Arabia map with the Chicago address.

Hey Waynel,

I tried the “242 s wood, chicago” address on two computers, and my results differed from yours. It could be a Mac settings thing. I’ve shared mine – are you facing the same issue with those settings? If I’m right, I would dive in that direction.

Your assumption is correct. I am using Apple Maps API.

Thanks,
Jérémy Vizzini

As stated in my message, the problem isn’t with the three-digit addresses, it’s with four-digit addresses. A four-digit Chicago address like 2542 South Wood, Chicago, illinois, United States shouldn’t put a pin in Saudi Arabia.

I have been able to find the source of the problem. The next update will fix the problem :slight_smile: